Acts 4:13–“Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus”.
Leadership is a modern-day buzzword with ongoing discussion on leadership definitions, styles and typologies. Where does the Christian fit into all of this and what is the role of the church and school? More importantly, what is your personal role in the leadership discussion? A study of the gospel and the book of Acts reveals the story of Christian leadership by recounting the story of Jesus in his relationship to the disciples. I’ll like to outline some strategy steps that Jesus followed in what I’ve termed “leadership investment-mentoring”. Today, we share several ingredients for successful leadership and results
1. Strategy 1–Identify your mission—Mission Identification—he clearly outlined, repeated and described His mission. He had not come to overthrow Caesar and to install himself as a King. He had comet to reveal the true nature of who God was and to save men and women
2. Strategy 2–Select a Team–Team Selection—Jesus believed and espoused team work and selected a team of willing workers who appeared uneducated and qualified
3. Strategy 3–Develop the team–Focus on Training—He focused on preparing people and not programs. By working steadily with the disciples, he shared by example.
4. Strategy 4—Delegate duties–Delegation—he delegated several tasks to the disciples, as in the feeding of the five thousand—he did not attempt to do everything
5. Strategy 5—Model a Leadership style—transformational, servant leadership—he washed the disciples’ feet, and demonstrated a role reversal
6. Strategy 6—Establish a leadership structure==Leadership structure—he had a flat structure—he was accessible to the disciples and to children— “suffer the little children to come onto me, and forbid them not”. He carried his office with him wherever he went
7. Strategy 7—Commission and Empower to ministry—he dedicated and empowered the disciples, sending them out to minister
8. Strategy 8—Reflection–Take time to pray, meditate, discuss and retreat
When people see us, do they conclude that we have been with Jesus? We are constantly trying to make heaven our home. Leaders in Heaven